BECOME YOUR OWN BOSS
Becoming your own boss is the new trend. Don’t get me wrong it has always been a thing to become your own boss, but nowadays you see it more and more. Becoming your own boss means to work for yourself and be your own boss. Becoming your own boss is not easy, but do able. Being your own boss means you will work more than a 9-5 job . You will struggle financially, start from home possibly even have sleepless nights and maybe not even get a paycheck the first few months. I’m not trying to discourage you, not at all. I do have to mention the good the bad and the ugly!
Create a Plan for your Business
1. What kind of business do you want to start?
2. What services will you offer?
3. How much money do you have to invest?
4. How much money do you have set aside for your personal use to pay bills, rent/mortgage, car payment,utility bills?
5. Do you have a business name?
6. Will you open a location or work from home selling online?
7. Do you have a website set up?
8. Do you know where and what you need to make it legal up and running?
9. Will you hire employees?
10. Will you do your own bookkeeping , payroll, taxes, or will you hire?
11. Does your business need insurance?
12. What kind of ownership will you have?
Steps to Becoming your own Boss
This is all from bizfile California visit www.sos.ca.gov/business-programs under Starting A New Business California
Choose an Entity Type & Business Name
1. Entities are Corporations, Limited Liability Companies (LLC), Limited Partnerships (LP) and Limited Liability Partnerships (LLP), Sole Proprietorship.
2. Register your California Business with Secretary of State (SOS)
These are the the Entities that will need to be registered
LLC, LP, LLP
3. Register Fictitious Business Name or Doing as Business (DBA) this is to be filed with the county in your city.
4. Choose your location and Local Zoning Regulations
5. Obtain Specialty License and Permits
Through your City Hall
6. Everyone has different tax requirements you will need to register and obtain a Employer Identification Number (EIN).
Much much more.
Please visit www.sos.ca.gov/business/be/resources
Build a Schedule for Yourself
Now that you are home and working on your new business, it seems like you have a lot of free time in your hands. Why? You are your own boss remember. Being your own boss somehow seems like you loose track of days of the week. Monday may seem like a Sunday , Tuesday like a Friday- - you get the picture. Netflix a cozy couch and some coffee sounds great, but remember you are trying to grow a business. You need to set boundaries and create a schedule. Trust me working from home owning a business is distracting, there are many things that want your attention. Doing laundry , cleaning the house, going out for coffee with friends/family can be distracting. That’s why we need to make a schedule as you had one when working for someone else. This time it’s your own schedule and yes you can add those things mentioned above to the schedule as well, with that said you will have in mind yes let me do laundry but I also have this task to complete. Keeping track on what needs to be done and asking yourself if you have that extra time to do personal things will helop manage your time and have a successful business.
Good luck planning your future business!
#ToxicTuesdayChallenge this week is to plan for your future. Plan to become your own boss. Make a plan, set aside money, set your goals. Don’t ever give up on your dreams. Don’t forget to tag us on Facebook and @toxicoapparel with you results and your stories. If you have an idea or a blog and you would like to share it with us contact us and you can be the next author.